First and foremost, Happy New Year!
All right, now that that’s out of the way, let’s talk about goals for the new year. Yes, goals. A friend of mine recently pointed out that resolutions were abandoned by the tenth of January, so first on my list is:
1. Not making any New Years Resolutions, only goals I’d like to accomplish in 2013
2. Starting with, I wil do everything in my power to remember to write 2013 instead of 2012.
3. I will do what I can to avoid getting stuck in a ball gown.
4. I will strive to be the best mother I can be by outsmarting my kids.
5. Find a public place to go and write from time to time where I won’t run into an old flame, a man (or woman) who wishes to discuss their bowel issues with me, a very tearful break up or a pimp.
6. Fingers and doors don’t go together any better than fingers and clamshell packages, enough said.
7. Always be prepared for photo opportunities, you just never know when it’s prime picture-taking time–especially at 5am on Black Friday.
8. I will declare loudly and for all to hear (if they so ask) that I am an adult entertainer.
9. It might be hard, but I’ll stay married to Bob even if he loses his wallet, or cellphone and keys–constantly, and feels it’s his duty to write an appeal to my readers in an effort to start an upheaval. (I’ll let you all in on a little secret here, it’s not because he was kind enough to offer me a male perspective on Her Secondhand Groom, then again for Her Imperfect Groom, and then let’s not forget the advice he offerd on His Yankee Bride . No, the real reason is he might be a bit forgetful or a tad overly critical at times, but I can’t doubt that he loves me. Not only did he build me a Kissing Stool last year for Christmas and let me push him over in his kayak last summer, nor is it because we rode 150 miles together on a tandem bicycle — not without a little “learning to adjust” , but quite simply because he’s one of the most supportive people of me and together we’re still living our love song. Not to mention I love him something fierce or I wouldn’t have carried a giant sponge halfway across the country for him.)
10. I will attempt, no I will have just as much fun blogging and chatting it up with all of you in 2013 as I did in 2012. (See, I just kept goal 1 already, I’m on a roll!)
So now I ask for a chance to win a signed paperback from my backlist, What are your goals for 2013?
[This is post part of the New Years Blog Hop! So be sure to answer--with an email address if you wish to be entered into the Grand Prize drawing of a Kindle Fire/Nook Tablet, a $300 gift card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble, or a giant box of swag!
Once you’ve left your comment here, click the image in the post or on the sidebar to go hop again!
~One comment per entrant, please.
~My giveaway is open internationally, as are two of the three grand prizes. Unfortunately due to high shipping costs, the box of swag has to be shipped in the USA.
~The final day to enter is Jan. 6, 2013 (did it again!) at 11:59PM CST.
~I reserve the right to delete any comment due to inappropriate content, including but not limited to: spam, disrespectful remarks about anyone, obscene language, self-promotion, or any other reason deemed unsuitable. I don’t we’ll have a problem with this, though, but just had to put it in.